The EcoWise Certified Standards describe the certification qualifications for pest management professionals and define how to manage structural pests the EcoWise Certified way. To qualify, a pest management professional must hold a Branch 2 license and must first pass a rigorous exam that tests their expertise in prevention-based pest control practices. On the job, they must adhere to our strict performance standards, which include:
- Knowledge of pest identity, biology and appropriate control methods.
- Use of pest prevention and non-chemical techniques to effectively manage pests and
avoid recurring problems.
- Adherence to recordkeeping standards and thorough inspection practices.
- Use of pesticides only when necessary and as part of a comprehensive pest control plan.
- Independent verification that certified professionals meet EcoWise performance
standards in the field.