Structural IPM Resources
Reference Books and Publications
- Bennet, G., J. Owens, and R. Corrigan [eds.]. 1997.Truman's Scientific Guide to Pest Management Operations. 6th ed. Advanstar Publications, Cleveland, OH.
- Gold, R. E., and S. C. Jones [eds.]. 2000. Handbook of Household and Structural Insect Pests. Entomological Society of America, Lanham, MD.
- Kramer, R. 1998. PCT Technician's Handbook. G.I.E. Publishing, Cleveland, OH.
- Mallis, A. 2004. Handbook of Pest Control, 9th edition. Pest Control Technology, Cleveland, OH.
- O'Connor-Marer, Patrick J., M.L. Flint, M.K. Rust. 2006. Residential, Industrial, and Institutional Pest Control. 2nd. Edition. U.C. Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program. ANR Publication #3334. University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Publications, Oakland, CA 1-800-944-8849
- Pest Control Operators of California, General Pest Control Committee.2000. Guidelines to IPM in Schools. PCOC, Inc. Sacramento, CA 1-916-372-4363
- Taisey, Allison A. and Neltner, Tom. 2010. What's Working for Bed Bug Control in Multifamily Housing: Reconciling Best Practices with Research and the Realities. National Center for Healthy Housing
- Smith, Eric H. and Richard C. Whitman. 1992. NPMA Field Guide to Structural Pests. Published by the National Pest Management Association
- Various Authors. Pest Control Technology's Field Guides. G.I.E. Publishing, Cleveland, OH.
- Ware, G. W. 2000. The Pesticide Book. Thomson Publications, Fresno, California. This book has a wealth of information on pesticides, their formulations, chemistry, and uses.
- Integrated Pest Management for Schools: A How-To Manual (written by BIRC staff)
Find the full text at http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/ipm/schoolipm/index.html. Hard copies are available from BIRC (see below).
- Bio-Integral Resource Center (BIRC) publications
For a list of publications on pest management available from BIRC, go to http://www.birc.org or call 510-524-2567.